Damon Braces are a modern, discreet teeth straightening solution for young people and adults. An alternative to traditional braces the system is comprised of small tooth-coloured brackets which are bonded to the front of teeth and linked by an ultra-thin metal archwire.
Over a six month period Damon Braces apply friction-free orthodontic pressure to reposition teeth into position. The braces are used to treat mild and certain severe orthodontic conditions. Damon Braces straighten crooked, protruding, irregular spaced and misaligned teeth within a short period of time.
Types of braces
If braces are indeed the solution for you, the dentist or orthodontist will prescribe an appliance specific for your needs. The braces may consist of bands, wires, and other fixed or removable corrective appliances. No one method works for everyone.
- Metal/traditional braces: Traditional braces are made of metal. They include brackets that are attached to the front of your teeth or bands that fit around each tooth, as well as flexible wires or arch wires that hold the brackets or bands together. Some braces also include rubber bands or metal ties that link the brackets to the wire. These bands create more pressure to help straighten and align your teeth. Sometimes, your orthodontist will have you wear a device called headgear at night. It provides added pressure to help straighten your teeth. You can put it on and take it off.
- Ceramic braces: The brackets in traditional braces are now also made in tooth-colored ceramic, so you don’t notice them as much. They can also be made with stainless steel, clear materials, or gold.
- Lingual braces: The brackets on these braces are attached to the backs of your teeth, facing your tongue. Lingual braces are harder to see.
- Clear aligners: You might also hear them called invisible braces. These are clear plastic trays that fit snugly onto your teeth. They use pressure to gently move your teeth into the correct positions and straighten your smile. You remove the aligners to eat, brush, or floss, but you should keep them in at least 22 hours each day for them to work. The orthodontist may also place tooth-colored attachments onto your teeth to hold the aligners in place.
- Damon braces combine innovative design with great looks. They’re small, discreet and, most importantly, brilliant at straightening teeth. Millions of happy patients have Damon braces to thank for their spectacular smiles.
- Smilelign is a clear brace system that uses innovative technology to create the smile you have always dreamed of. Smilelign allows you to straighten your teeth almost invisibly, enabling you to live, and smile, confidently.
By using a series of bespoke removable aligners, Smilelign lines up your teeth to make your smile straighter. Our powerful technology plots the exact direction your teeth need to move in to achieve optimal results.
- Clear or near-invisible braces are tough, clear plastic aligners (moulds) or clear ceramic brackets that attach to your teeth that can, over time, straighten your smile. Since they’re clear, they’re nearly invisible, which means that people won’t necessarily know you’re straightening your teeth.
- Six Month Smiles works in a similar way to traditional braces with a system of clear brackets which are bonded to your teeth and tooth-coloured wires which are placed and adjusted by your dentist to align your teeth over time. However, Six Month Smiles are much easier for the dentist to fit than traditional braces. After an impression of your teeth is taken it is sent to the Six Month Smiles lab where custom trays are made that will assist your dentist in placing the new braces on your teeth.
There is some interesting research on the official Damon System website to show how much faster treatment under The Damon System can be. They claim that patients begin to see visible improvements in 10 weeks. Overall, your treatment will be finished on average six months faster than with conventional braces.
Due to the fact that clear removable braces can be taken out to eat and drink, these certainly don’t turn yellow. … The white ceramic braces themselves do not stain but the elastics that hold the wire to the teeth could potentially stain if a very rich and colourful diet is followed.
Damon braces have been reported to provide less pressure and friction on the teeth, making the braces experience much more comfortable. According to a study conducted by Tagawa, Damon patients reported 60% less discomfort in comparison to patients with traditional braces.